Summertime is the perfect moment to enjoy a delicious and refreshing dessert. The summer is synonymous with treats, where we allow ourselves to enjoy delicious sweet delights without feeling guilty! Thus it is important to reflect this tendency in your menu by offering clients fresh and appealing desserts that match the season.
Ice cream with preserved fruits are the best combination
- Preserved fruit or jams are the best ingredients to add an intense and fresh flavour to ice creams, as well as providing attractive colour and interesting textures. At Lazaya we offer a wide range of candied fruit for ice cream parlours such as glace cherries, amarena cherries, maraschino cherries, liqueur cherries, candied fruit cubes and candied fruit peel. There are also jams that can be mixed with ice cream to add a new and different touch.
- One big advantage of adding preserved fruit to your ice creams is that they do not change or lose colour; they also add exquisite texture when being savoured. Ice creams that are full of colour are more attractive to clients, something which is easy to do with our selection of candied fruit cubes: pumpkin, pear, apple or peach cubes are among our suggestions. Don’t run out of ideas for your clients this summer! Take a look at the ideas below of desserts and sundaes including preserved fruit for success with your discerning clients.
Summer desserts and ice creams using candied fruit
- Tutti Frutti ice cream. This mythical ice cream never goes out of favour. It is difficult not to mention tutti frutti whenever talking about ice creams! The combination of smooth creamy ice cream with sweet and crunchy crystallized fruit makes an exquisite blend of flavours. It can be served in a dish with decorative wafers or a nut-based sauce can be poured on top.
- Crème Caramel with candied fruit. Crème caramel is a classic Spanish dessert (known as flan de huevo) and one that fans seek especially in the summertime. We suggest giving this classic dessert an exotic twist and making it even more appealing for the summer months. Add a mixture of candied fruit to the dessert – instead of chopping up pieces of fruit, save time by using our candied fruit cubes. As decoration you could include a piece of preserved pear or some glace cherries, which also provide contrasting sweetness.
- Ice cream cakes with candied fruit. If you fancy surprising your clients with a different ice cream cake, you should consider this option. With a sponge base, an ice cream cake can be decorated in many different ways, with toppings such as fondant chocolate and grated almonds, however the filling could contain a nice surprise: plain ice cream mixed with candied fruit. In order to obtain the most explosive mixture of colours and flavours we suggest combining cherries, oranges and pineapple. The cake is frozen and served from the freezer.
- Lemon cassata with tinned fruit. There are some desserts that, although technically not ice creams, are still incredibly refreshing like the cassata dessert that has as its base a lemon sorbet, mixed with fruits in syrup like cherries, kiwis, strawberries and apple, combined with pineapple and mango juice. The end result is a rainbow of perfect flavours to enjoy in the summertime.
- Cassata ice cream. This is often called the 3-in-1 ice cream or Neapolitan ice cream. It is the perfect option for those who cannot decide between which flavours to choose. Our selection would be marscapone ice cream with caramelized nuts and candied fruits that cover a layer of chocolate ice cream and a layer of strawberry ice cream. Combining flavours and textures make it even more addictive for those with a sweet tooth!
- Set custard with candied oranges. Why not add oranges to your summer dessert? This Spanish dessert, known as pudin, is made with candied oranges and raisins and decorated with cherries in syrup. It is a light and delicious dessert, perfect to finish off a big meal.
- Creamy cherry ice cream and chocolate. This is made with pitted cherries, cream, sugar, chocolate fondant and lemon juice. Decorate with candied cherries.
Cocktails: essential summer beverages
Vacations are a time when we relax and do the things we cannot get up to during the rest of the year. What could be a better way to cool down on a hot evening than to have a good cocktail?
There are many alcoholic cocktails such as the Bloody Mary, Casino, Blue Hawaii, Brezza, Bronx, Califa, Gin Fizz or Golden Dream. There are also non-alcoholic cocktails which offer attractive combinations, such as the Shirley Temple, San Francisco, Banana Summer, Mint Tonic, Apricot Fizz or Tropical Love.
One thing they all have in common is that they must be carefully and attractively presented, which is why Lazaya offers the best cocktail cherries you can wish for: amarena cherries and maraschino cherries. Maraschino cherries are available in red, green, blue and yellow to help you make very decorative compositions for your cocktails.